Brain chemistry lifehacks
Associate Professor Clinical Psychology. Ph.D., 1995, Duke University
TEDxKC, Oct 5, 2013
Defy Impossible. Steve Ilardi is a clinical researcher with a passionate interest in improving treatment for mental illness. Steve is also the author of “The Depression Cure: The Six-Step Program to Beat Depression Without Drugs.”
Together with his research team, he has developed a novel program for clinical depression based on the premise that humans were not designed for modern life.
This treatment program – Therapeutic Lifestyle Change – has proven to be highly promising in preliminary trials, and has already been adopted by clinicians in over a dozen countries.
Steve also does statistical analysis for the NBA (most recently with the Phoenix Suns).
- experience changes the brain
[related: https://franzcalvo.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/every-time-we-interact-with-somebody-we-are-changing-their-perceptions ]
- sitting is the smoking of our generation (physical inactivity)
- exercise is proven to be a potent antidepressant
- exercise vs. Zoloft. 30 minutes of brisk walking, 3 times a week is equally effective.
- Exercise also enhances cognitive functions: improves memory, attention