Running-Induced Systemic Cathepsin B Secretion Is Associated with Memory Function
Cell Metabolism. 2016. In press.
Hyo Youl Moon, et al.
- Proteomics of AICAR-treated L6 muscle cells reveals myokine cathepsin B (CTSB)
- Exercise increases CTSB levels in mouse, monkey, and human plasma
- Running does not improve memory or adult neurogenesis in CTSB knockout mice
- CTSB enhances neurotrophin levels in adult hippocampal progenitor cells
- In humans, plasma CTSB levels are positively correlated with fitness and memory
A Protein That Moves From Muscle To Brain May Tie Exercise To Memory
June 23, 2016