Aug 6, 2015
5. C# (the language of the .NET framework)
6. Swift (Apple)
8. PHP (built specifically for the web. Powers WordPress)
9. GO (developed at Google)
Big Think . 2011.
- Java. The Cobol of the 21st century.
- Haskell. A functional language. A modern Lisp.
- C. Close to the metal. Almost all of the languages that you see (Java, Perl, etc.) are actually implemented in C.
- Python. Ruby. Perl.
Big Think. 2011
a functional language
It’s not as fast as many languages due to its dynamic duck typing
a lot slower than compiled languages such as C++ or C#
May 22, 2014