162 Future Jobs: Preparing for Jobs that Don’t Yet Exist
March 21, 2014
14 Hot New Skills
1. Transitionists – Those who can help make a transition.
2. Expansionists – A talent for adapting along with a growing environment.
3. Maximizers – An ability to maximize processes, situations, and opportunities.
4. Optimizers – The skill and persistence to tweak variables until it produces better results.
5. Inflectionists – Finding critical inflection points in a system will become a much-prized skill.
6. Dismantlers – Every industry will eventually end, and this requires talented people who know how to scale things back in an orderly fashion.
7. Feedback Loopers – Those who can devise the best possible feedback loops.
8. Backlashers – Ever- new technology will have its detractors, and each backlash will require a response.
9. Last Milers – Technologies commonly reach a point of diminishing returns as they attempt to extend their full capacity to the end user. People with the ability to mastermind these solutions will be in hot demand.
10. Contexualists – In between the application and the big picture lays the operational context for every new technology.
11. Ethicists – There will be an ever-growing demand for people who can ask the tough question and standards to apply moral decency to some increasingly complex situations.
12. Philosophers – With companies in a constant battle over “my-brain-is-bigger-that-your-brain,” it becomes the overarching philosophy that wins the day.
13. Theorists – Every new product, service, and industry begins with a theory.
14. Legacists – Those who are passionate and skilled with leaving a legacy.